12 Simple Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
It’s this time of year that people sit down and start setting personal goals for the New Year. Many people set goals to start taking care of their health, losing weight, increasing their energy and overall feeling healthier. In these busy times people need simple easy to use healthy lifestyle solutions.
Since I’ve been on my healing journey for over 8 years now I can honestly say I’ve developed a healthy lifestyle that’s easy and affordable for me to maintain which has kept me at my ideal weight for the past couple of years and I have energy and vitality throughout the day without having the mid-afternoon crash and have a mostly balanced emotional state from day to day. Overall I feel fantastic.
I will share the 12 Simple Healthy Lifestyle Solutions I implement each and every day.
12 Steps to a Healthy Lifestyle:
- The most important part of my day is first thing in the morning. I start my day with a 45 minute to 1 hour meditation/prayer. It’s during this time that I get grounded in my intentions for my life and what’s important to me. I express my gratitude to God, Great Spirit, the Universe (you can meditate/pray based on your beliefs); I embody my intentions and open my heart to give and receive. I then “let go and let God” as they say.
- I then do about a ½ hour to 1 hour of yoga/Pilates to get the blood circulating and flowing.
- Water is such an integral part of the body’s healthy function and I’m an advocate of alkaline water. There are many good alkalizer water filter systems out there; I have the Alka Blue antioxidant water alkalizer. I drink lots of water and herbal tea throughout the day.
- My most nutritious meal of the day is breakfast. I start with a high protein and USDA certified organic meal replacement shake which balances the 10 body systems. It’s loaded with 15 to 23 grams of protein; fresh captured plant sourced organic vitamins, all my B and C vitamins, chelated macro and micro minerals, anti-aging antioxidants, raw green superfoods, probiotics, immune supporting phytonutrients, Omega 3, 6 and 9 EFA, electrolyte energy, amino acids and digestive enzymes. I blend the shake with a banana and some berries and I’m good for a full 3-hours before I’m hungry again. This shake is also great before or after work outs. The shake I’m speaking of here is MEGA Way Shakes found at www.themegaway.com. This shake has increased my metabolism, helped me lean out, burn fat and gives me the energy I need to get me through the day. I have two other favorite shakes which are very good Dr. Shulze’s Super Food Plus at www.herbdoc.com and Shakeology at www.beachbody.com.
- In addition to my morning shake I also take a few supplements later in the day for certain deficiencies my medical internist has found in my system. I take extra vitamin A, B12, D3, Protandim and natural probiotics. It’s a good idea to see a holistic internist and I’m happy to make a wonderful recommendation here in Santa Monica and Ojai, CA.
- I eat a healthy salad and maybe salmon sandwich (on gluten free bread) for lunch and have a warm cooked nutritious green veggie’s, grain and fish dinner.
- In-between lunch and dinner I may have a snack of almonds, walnuts or mixed nuts or I might have a Lara Bar which is a healthy all fruit and nut food bar.
- While working at my desk I make sure to have a good ergonomically back supported chair. We spend so much time at our desks it’s important to sit in a comfortable position.
- Every hour or couple of hours I also make sure to get up and stretch my back and arms just to keep my body limber and strong.
- In the early evening before dark I like to get out and go for a walk, preferable on the beach if so I can take in some of those positive ions from the waves breaking on the beach. It’s nice to get your feet in the sand or walk in the grass, just spend a little time connecting with nature and mother earth. It’s very healing and grounding.
- In the evenings I surround myself with friends and family who are positive, supportive and like myself have a positive outlook and energy about life. I find surrounding myself with positive people keeps me uplifted and energetically in a good state.
- As I go to bed every night I express gratitude to the universe for all I’ve been provided that day and for all the beauty and wonderful people and clients in my life. Expressing gratitude before bed puts your mind in a relaxed state.
I know these suggestions are not revolutionary, their quite simple but that’s how I like to keep my life, simple, easy flowing, good natured and balanced. I’m at my best when I’m in harmony with my surroundings and nature. Find out what puts you in balance and harmony and surround yourself with that environment.
I hope these insights show you how simple and easy it is to develop a healthy lifestyle. I’d love to get your personal health tips to share with my readers. Please reply to my blog with your tips.
To your health and wellness,